About Me

My photo
"For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." I lived on the banks of a river . . . and it captured my attention. These are my observations about the parallels between my life...and the river.

Friday, August 18, 2006

The River rushes on

Wow, I just reread my last post -- dang, I am LONG-WINDED! Sorry about that. Congrats to any of you that made it through the whole thing!

Anyway...I am off -- leaving on a jet plane, as the song goes. However, I do know when I'll be back, and that is Sunday evening!

My, how time flies. My little sister is getting married. Makes me feel old. Not discontented, just old. Actually, it has put me in a sentimental sort of mood. I feel like I'm about to write the sister version of Bob Carlisle's 'Butterfly Kisses'. I'd have to call it 'Quesadillas and Brownie Sundaes'. Our trademark tradition for years. And only at Friendly's!

I also remember when she was little. I did a lot of babysitting in my family. I love kids. I love my sisters and my brother! But she was the challenge. Actually, that doesn't even begin to describe what she was! And I can say this because she does know it. :-) We've had many a laugh over it since.

Let's just say that God blessed her with a very healthy set of vocal cords (which she was not afraid to use to their maximum volume!!) and a very strong-willed personality!! Both are good attributes, but as a child, they did present me with a few difficult babysitting situations. :-)

But we made it through, and now she's all growed up. (Yes, I did intend to say "growed") And as much as I love her, I hope she has a kid just like her. [wicked little smile]

'Twill be too much fun to sit on the sidelines and watch that unfold!

So I raise my glass of seltzer to my sister -- just to her for now. He'll get his attention tomorrow.

To a precious little girl with curly hair and a fiesty little personality!
And to the beautiful young woman she has become --
still with curly hair, and a great personality,
but with a few of the rough edges smoothed out.


I love you.
And I'll always be here for you.
I'm so very proud of you,
and it is with great joy that I celebrate this "special-est"
of occasions with you!

To you! And to many happy years to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great big sister! God, please bless this union.