About Me

My photo
"For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." I lived on the banks of a river . . . and it captured my attention. These are my observations about the parallels between my life...and the river.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My dream house now belongs to...

Someone else.

Funny thing -- as you grow up you start to think about more grown up things. Like owning property. Like how nice it would be to be able to paint your living room deep shades of green without your landlord going nuts.

If you're me, you dream of a timeless brick exterior, and beautiful hardwood floors. Cedar lined closets and lots of windows. Manageable size, not too big. Not too much fixing up needed, but enough cosmetic changes needed so that you can make it your own. Small yard ~ big enough for a BBQ with a few friends, enough space for the cat to establish his own territory, but not so much that the upkeep would be a full time job.

Yes. I dream. And for a little while, there was a slight possibility that that dream might be on its way to becoming reality!

But no longer.

Alas, the house has been sold.

As much as I really didn't imagine that it would be possible at this time in my life to own that piece of property and home, it really did strike a very sad chord in my heart to hear that it was sold.

One thing the house did not have is a river. I guess at this time in my life I am to continue to live here, on the river, and watch my life ebb and flow over boulders and under bridges until a more settled time.

There will be other brick houses with hardwood floors.

No comments: